Philadelphia Young Playwrights taps the potential of youth and inspires learning through playwriting...
1219 Vine Street
Administrative hours: Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm
Philadelphia Young Playwrights taps the potential of youth and inspires learning through playwriting. To executing this mission, PYP focuses on:
- Improving students’ writing, thinking, and interactive skills
- Enhancing students’ sense of agency, responsibility and self-esteem
- Modeling new, effective ways of teaching
- Reaching students of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Engaging students, their families, and communities in the creation and production of theater
PYP's residencies advance writing-based literacy skills while developing critical 21st century skills. Our Core Program partners a professional teaching artist with a classroom teacher for a 10-25 session residency that is tailored to the teacher’s goals and the students’ needs. For our annual Mouthful Monologue Festival, we offer schools free fall monologue residencies for grades 8 – 12. On site, Young Playwrights offers playwriting programs to grades 7 – 12 on a sliding tuition scale.
Click on images to see their full size. Scroll for more images.